Gold Heart Necklace from Smythe Jewellery
Women adore jewellery; it is an indispensable part of every woman’s dress code. When it comes to giving gifts to ladies, you will find that jewellery always has a special place. A gold heart necklace in particular is a timeless expression of love and can make for a beautiful gift. Of the wide array of jewellery available, nothing is quite more evocative of love and romance than gold heart necklaces.
The heart has always been a symbol of love and affection. The heart shape is one of the best chosen designs for an array of gifts especially necklaces. Smythe Jewellery has an extensive range of beautifully designed love heart necklaces that will not only touch the heart of the receiver, but their soul as well.
In earlier times, gold or a silver heart necklace were used to carry mementos, herbs and some other items. Some people even used it to carry poems from a loved one, pictures or a lock of hair of a dear one. This practise continued for a long time. These days, it is used more for the purpose of ornamentation. The necklaces come in a host of exquisite styles designed in an expression of love and beauty. The pieces come in styles that are lovely in their simplicity and styles that are wonderfully ornate.[read more=”Read more.” less=”Read less.”]
Heart gold necklaces are charmingly expressive and often make for great gifts of love on Valentine’s Day. But the heart shape designs symbolise much more than just once a year gifts. It is a timeless expression of love and devotion. You can gift it to your loved ones at any time of the year – Christmas, Mothers day, birthdays, anniversaries and any other special achievement or occasion.
No matter the occasion, the feeling of seeing the face of your loved one light up with joy at receiving the elegant necklace is priceless. And keep in mind – necklace is not a gift only for your lover – they are great gifts for any woman with whom you have a relationship. Also, the giver need not be a male. Women can also gift heart necklaces to their friend, sister, mother, daughter or anyone with whom she shares a deep bond. It is the best gift she can give herself as well.
One of the advantages of buying these beautiful pieces is that you can also use them as souvenirs to store the pictures of your near and dear ones and can carry with you at all times. You can obviously sport them to enhance your beauty.
You will love the enchanting designs and finishes of the gold necklaces available at Smythe Jewellery. If you love to wear jewellery pieces that are a class apart, nothing can beat a beautifully decorated and engraved heart locket.
Points to Consider While Buying Gold Necklace
A classy small gold heart necklace is an excellent memento of your love. You can pick from the elegant heart with minimal engravings to chains with funky designs to charming carvings to just any design that catches your fancy. It is essential, however, that you keep in mind certain aspects when you are shopping a necklace for yourself or your loved one. Here are some tips to pick the right gold love heart necklace.
- Type of material – All kinds of materials whether it is gold or silver or any other look beautiful in their own way and it is a matter of personal choice, which one you pick up. The beauty of a locket lies in its detaining and lustre. So you must ensure that the shine lasts for a long period of time. For this, it is important that you buy only from a reputable store. A heart shaped locket is generally worn at all times. Therefore, it is important that it be tough enough to withstand any demands of daily usage.
- Quality – While buying a necklace, it is important to ensure that you get the right quality. Be wary of unscrupulous dealers. To ensure good quality, it is best to buy the necklace from a reputed and reliable store that offers necklaces with a certification of their authenticity. At smythejewellery.com, we have only the best in offer for you.
- Look – The design of the necklace should match the personality of the wearer. Before buying the jewellery, take a few moments to imagine the wearer wearing it. As per her personality, you can gift her with an elaborate work or a new age design or any other design that you think would best suit her.
- Check for discounts and warranties — Often jewellery stores offer good discounts. Make sure to check if you qualify for any. Also, enquire about the warranty offered by the manufacturer.
Heart Necklace Designs
There are several interesting options in heart shaped jewellery designs. The cost of the piece would depend on the material it is made of and the intricacy of the design.
- Gemstones – The necklace can have gemstones for added beauty. You can also opt to buy a piece with the birthstone of the receiver.
- Heart designs – There are designs with single or double hearts. The double hearts can be placed beside each other or intertwined. In some cases, the two names are joined by a heart design.
- Names – Your names can be engraved in the locket with the date that has some special significance for both. A set of two lockets is also available wherein one person wears one half of the heart and the other person wears the other half to symbolise that they are two parts of the same whole.
At smythejewellery.com, we have an array of lovely designs for you to choose from and gift the special woman in your heart.
Types of Necklace
When it comes to giving a gift to a woman, you can never go wrong with the right type of gold necklace. A heart necklace can be worn with all types of clothing, whether it is party wear or casual or formal wear. Even if there several kinds of necklaces, here are some of the most famous ones that are available with us.
- Crystal beads
- Layered or dual neck jewellery
- Three strand pieces
- Chunky, oversized jewellery
- Delicate lariats or “Y’s”
- Celebrity-inspired necklaces
- Choker styles
- Natural beads
- Organic carvings
- Scalloped pieces
- Long chains/ropes
- Enamel and ceramic
- Coloured gold
- Floating heart pendant pieces
Necklace is the chief focus of any ensemble and is used to coordinate the other jewellery pieces such as earrings, rings and bracelets. The perfect necklace can enhance your features while minimising flaws if any. While buying a necklace, there are two important considerations: neckline and face shape.
Face shape – While everyone has unique facial features, there are certain categories under which most people fall. If you don’t know it already, there are four basic face shapes including round, heart-shaped, rectangular and oval. Some people may also have a combination of two or more shapes. It is a good idea to consider the shape of the face when choosing jewellery so that it complements the natural features of the wearer.
Neck size – The next step is to determine the neck size. To buy a necklace that will suit you or the wearer, it is essential to know the size of the neck. While buying a necklace, make sure to go for something that is not very long or too tight. While wearing a necklace, also check the neckline of the outfit to be worn. Different styles and lengths of necklaces will look good with different necklines.
As with any jewellery set, necklaces can make or break a look. You can experiment with different styles and lengths to find the look that best flatters the face shape and personality.
Length of the Necklace
When buying a necklace, do consider its looks, sturdiness and quality. As far as the length of necklace is concerned, it depends on the woman who will wear it. Some of them prefer it long while others prefer a short length. The most popular length is the one that is worn loosely around the neck and which falls a little below the collar bone. Chokers are worn tightly against the neck.
At Smythe Jewellery, chains are available in a wide variety of lengths enabling you to pick the look you want. The length of the necklace should suit the type and style of the occasion. For day wear, a simple style is best. For an evening occasion, a more elaborate piece is better suited.
While buying a necklace, the height is also an important factor. If the wearer is petite and want to give the impression of being taller, necklaces that are long are ideal. Necklaces that are Y-shaped or V-shaped can elongate the appearance.
If the wearer is tall and want the attention of onlookers away from her height, necklaces that are short and rest on the collarbone are best. Choker necklaces can also help a tall woman appear shorter.
While buying necklaces, another important consideration is the chunkiness or volume of the necklace. A full figured lady will want something that has some volume. If the height of the wearer is short, large jewellery may not be the best size for her and it may be more appropriate to pick something more delicate.
Taking Care of the Necklace
While there is nothing more beautiful than a gold necklace, it is important to store them well to save the chains from tangling or kinking as kinks can damage a chain completely. If the chains get entangled, then it may never sit well on the neck ever again. Knowing how to store the necklaces can make them last a lifetime.
- Handle the necklace carefully as delicate gems and pieces can easily bend out of shape.
- It is best to store the necklaces in the several kinds of storage units that are available. There are jewellery boxes that come with small hangers to hang the necklace. When the necklace is kept in this manner, it saves it from getting close to other necklaces and knotting. This is the easiest way to store a necklace.
- Avoid storing the necklace with other jewellery pieces as it may cause scratches and damage the products.
- You must ensure that the place of storage is free of moisture or dust. Another way to keep gold necklace is to wrap it in a tissue paper to avoid scratching.
- To clean the necklace, polish it at regular intervals with warm water and soap. Once it is washed, dry it with a cloth. The necklace can also be cleaned professionally.
- After a sweaty outing in a hot day, it is recommended that the necklace is soaked in warm water to enable the dirt and body salt to wash off.
- It is best to remove the necklace before showering as exposure to chemicals and soap can dull the gold necessitating frequent cleaning.
- Chlorine is also known to discolour gold. It is therefore recommended that the necklace is removed before getting into a swimming pool.
- Always apply all the cosmetics and perfumes before wearing the jewellery. Make sure to not apply anything on the jewellery.
- Do not keep heavy objects on the jewellery as it may lead to deformation the same.
With some additional caring by the wearer, the necklace will last for a long time.
Jewellery has always fascinated women for ages and still holds a special place in their hearts even today. The demand for jewellery pieces will never down. From crude jewellery pieces that were made from natural elements such a grass and wood to quality made pieces using gemstones and precious metals, jewellery has always been a great way to add to one’s beauty for thousands of years.
Shop from the lovely gold heart pendant necklaces at smythejewellery.com today to gift a gold heart necklace to the woman in your life and watch her glow with love and happiness.[/read]